Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Raw Carrot Cake

Happy Birthday, mi rey!


(Each candle is worth 10 years)

It was my hubs birthday and I worked hard on a raw carrot cake recipe. I got the recipe from Renee Loux Underkoffler's raw recipe book. It was soooooo time consuming but the cake was delicious. I wasn't too fond of the frosting only because I found it too lemony for my liking. I would have preferred a sweeter frosting since the cake already had lemon and orange bits. I should've cut the recipe in half. The cake could serve 10-12 people and we are just 3 (baby can't eat food yet). My favourite part of the cake was cardamom flavour; it gave the cake a more exotic taste.

My husband was griping over the fact that he's turned the big 3-0. Hahaha! He thinks he's old already. Oh, please. I turned the big 3-0 three years ago!! I think I look good for my age and so does he.

No comments: