Monday, July 21, 2008

I looooooove my Breville Fountain Elite


I have an addiction for kitchen appliances. It's ridiculous. It doesn't help that my husband does as well. I can't even begin to calculate how much I may have spent on kitchen appliances in the last 5 years. The good thing is that I like to prepare foods and I only want the best. I see it as an investment. I've gone through 4 kinds of juicers to find the perfect one for me. Many years ago I had gotten a crappy plastic kind that didn't last when I tried to juice ginger (that was after the 4th time). Then when I started on the raw path, I had bought the Kempo. I used it for awhile but I didn't like how it took so long to juice and that I had to chop the vegetables and juices into tiny pieces. It is a good juicer but it wasn't for me. Then I got the L'Equip 110 and I enjoyed it but then I noticed that it wasn't extracting the maximum amount of juice from the greens but was great for fruits, other vegetables and ginger. Now I have recently caught my eye on the Breville Fountain Elite. A lot of other raw foodists use the Breville and I began to read up on it. I got that tingling feeling and I cracked down and bought one at a kitchen appliance factory that is 5 minutes from my house (I didn't know the factory was so close to my house! I'm in trouble now. I also bought a great mandoline there). Anyhoots, I convinced my hubs that it would be a great deal for us since we do a lot of juicing. Well, we got it and I just loooooooooooooove it. I noticed how easy it was to use and the colour of the juice is much brighter and richer than before. The taste bursts in my mouth. I have found my juicer!! The Breville! It has two settings, low for greens and low-juice-content fruits/vegetables and high for harder fruits and vegetables and high-juice-content fruits and vegetables. The pulp is nice and dry. It comes with a 1 litre container that has a froth separator. It's the best investment and I highly recommend it.

No comments: