Monday, July 14, 2008

I have not disappeared, I have just eclipsed

I'm still here, still raw and loving it. A lot has happened in my life. I had some trying times personally and emotionally but I am now out of the darkness and back into the light. I have been completing my Masters and I'll be darned if I pay another semester. I have given my university too much money. I need to move on with my life.

Lately, I have been leaning towards what they call an 80/10/10 diet. That is 80% carbs, 10% maximum fat and 10% maximum protein. I have just naturally moved towards that kind of diet and found the results much better than before. The nuts were killing me. It's not that I have totally eliminated nuts but I rarely eat them. Another blogger, Going Bananas succinctly describes the types of raw diets; it's either high-fat or high in carbs. I choose to go the latter.
I've decided to order the Dr. Douglas Graham book on the 80/10/10 diet and see what it's all about. *chuckle* I think I've ordered any and every kind of raw food book out there. I've only had one regret buying a raw food book but I won't say which one because it is the man's livelihood and I'm not going to knock him down but the raw food book is high in nuts and fats and it is not that user friendly. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like his book but he may have a legion of fans. I wish him well but I'm going to have to try to get rid of it. Maybe I'll give it away. Hahaha.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have a nice little collection of raw food books as well. :-) Most of which I wish I hadn't spent so much money on! But some of them are really great. :-)